YUVA scheme is an author mentorship program to train 75 selected young and emerging authors below 30 years of age. The PM Mentoring YUVA scheme was launched under the guidance and leadership of PM Narendra Modi on 29 May 2021. The scheme also known as the Yuva Pradhan mantri Yojana 2021 comes under the Department of Higher Education. It was launched by the Ministry of Education.
The full form of YUVA is ‘’Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors’’. The New Education Policy 2020, encourages in the empowerment of young minds and nurturing their creativity. Therefore, the YUVA scheme was started acknowledging the New Education Policy.
India tops globally in terms of youth population, therefore YUVA scheme wants to utilize the power of youth in nation building. Also, with the promotion of literature and book publishing, the scheme aims to develop a stream of young writers who will promote Indian heritage, culture and knowledge and will result in empowering the readers too.
YUVA Scheme: GOALS
The YUVA Scheme will create emerging authors who are below 30 years of age. It will result in the development of the authors and they will have the opportunity to represent their work and themselves in national as well as international level. Consequently, this will emphasize the Indian culture and heritage in the international level too.
YUVA Scheme: Process
· A total of 75 students will be selected through a contest held at all India level.
· The contest will be held from June 4 to July 31, 2021.
· The participants will have to first of all register online at MyGov.
· The participants will have to submit their work in about 5000 words which can be anything ranging from poems to fiction and non-fiction works.
· The names of the selected authors will be announced during the Independence Day on 15th August, 2021.
· Now for the final round selection, selected authors will have to prepare manuscripts under the guidance of the nominated mentors.
· The winners’ work will be selected for publication by December 15, 2021.
· The published books will be launched on January 12th, 2022 which is observed as the National Youth Day.
The final selected authors will undergo two phases which are Training and Promotion.
· The National Book Trust (NBT) of India will organize a two weeks writers’ program for selected candidate.
· The program will be conducted through online mode.
· During the training phase, the selected authors will be trained under the guidance of eminent authors from the NBT who can be accomplished authors or writers.
· After the two week program, the authors can be trained either through online mode or offline mode for a period of two weeks.
The promotion phase is expected for a period of 3 months.
· Through the promotion phase, young authors can experience and interact at various international events or fairs like book fairs, virtual fairs and cultural exchange programs.
· After the mentorship period, a scholarship of Rs 50,000 for a period of 6 months will be paid to the young authors.
· The books written by the authors will be published by NBT.
· After successful publications of books at the end, a 10 % royalty will be paid to the authors.
India is a young and vibrant country. India is trying to put the youth population into work and in the process of nation building. It’s the responsibility of youth to work towards the ultimate goals for the nation. With healthy young population prevalent, India can lead to a good future by utilizing the energy of young minds.
So, guys if you like this post.
Share with your friends and comment your views.
Sharing is Caring!
To apply for YUVA mentorship program click below: